Organisation-wide Internship and Field Placement Tracking
Sonia provides a rock solid foundation to support internships and field placements (or work experience, cooperative education, field education) throughout your organisation. From the largest faculties placing thousands of students per year through to small schools that wish to record student-initiated placements, Sonia handles them all. We know that every area of your organisation has its own terminology and placement rules - Sonia has the flexibility to handle them all.
Sonia Can Help Busy Placement Staff
Sonia helps your team stay on top of placements and keep the stress level down. Your students will use Sonia to keep track of their placements, prerequisites and preferences - meaning fewer emails and phone calls.
Sonia helps you manage the organisations you deal with. Your relationship with an organisation is more than a name and address. You want to make sure that the placement providers and your students enjoy a really great placement experience. Students will be prepared with the right information and venues will be kept up to date with tailored emails, web site and printed information.
Standard reports and flexible exports make it easy to satisfy requests for placement data and statistics.
Sonia is a fantastic choice for universities looking for an organisation-wide placement solution. While schools can keep and control their own terminology and business rules, Sonia allows placement providers (sites) to be shared across the organisation.
Potential placement providers can use the Sonia web site to nominate themselves and provide the initial contact information.
These new venues can be tracked and processed in Sonia and eventually turned into qualified placement providers.
Only Sonia gives this flexibility plus the power to manage thousands of student placements simultaneously.
Sonia Key Features
- Sonia for Students: FREE App - Keep you and your students connected and informed (available on the Play Store and App Store)
- Supports multiple schools
- Staff can customise terminology and business rules to suit their unique requirements
- Placement options range from automated allocation through to student-driven
- Connection to your student enrolment system and other university infrastructure
- Bulk emailing/SMS with mail merge
- Electronic forms easily designed and sent to contacts
- Custom fields can be added throughout Sonia
- Sites can be shared across all schools
- Interviews can be setup between sites, students, supervisors, etc.
- Unlimited attachment of documents and notes
- Student timesheets
- Easy to use wizards to reduce data input
- Online registration of potential new placement providers
- Student nomination of new sites
- Supervisor roster for planning and allocating supervisor staff to placements
- Ad hoc reports and exports give you flexible access to the data you need
- Over 90 reports available
- Mentor payments with configurable calculation methods
- Social networking built in - send your alerts to students via Twitter and Facebook
- Placement history is retained indefinitely
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS, 8G RAM
- Microsoft Windows SQL Server 2012 R2, 8G RAM
- Placement staff workstations: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Apple Macintosh*, multiple monitors
- Students, supervisors and placement provider staff: a current web browser.
- Oracle is a fully supported alternative to Microsoft SQL Server
Student Enrolment System
- Sonia works with all student enrolment systems
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* requires additional software